,

Warning! Don’t do this! by your Raleigh Service Electrician

Burned Outlet - see ARCelectric for Residential Electric Services

“It doesn’t take much to be electrocuted, fatally electrocuted just by an outlet in a wall socket,” Plymouth, Massachusetts, Fire Chief Ed Bradley said.

Rleigh Electrical Troubleshooting - burned outlets

 

There is a new awfully-stupid challenge going around on kids’ social media, called the “outlet challenge” – involving partially plugging a phone charger into an outlet and then touching a penny to the exposed prongs.  Obviously unsafe, fire officials are warning that the action could cause fire or serious injury.

See the video, for full report.

Raleigh Service Electrician - for schools and residential service

See your Raleigh service electrician for any electrical troubleshooting you may need at your home.